𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘰 𝘐𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘥𝘦 𝘊𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘫𝘦𝘴 organized by the Watunna Venezuela Association from Montpellier, France.
The contest's objectives are entirely cultural, environmental activism, and conservation.
THEME 2024: Resilient Amazon.
To be defined.
1. General Rules:
• People of any age and nationality can participate in the contest. Those who are minors at the time of registration must have the authorization of their parent or legal guardian, indicating their details in the registration form.
• Each contestant can submit a maximum of two short films. The theme will be: "Resilient Amazon". Fiction, animation, documentaries, or narrative interviews can be submitted.
• All submitted short films will compete for a single PRIZE of 2,000 euros. The prize is unique regardless of the number of authors of the short film. It cannot be cumulative.
• The winning short film will be chosen by a jury appointed for this purpose, whose decision is final.
• The incorporation of any other recognition or special mention not established in these rules will be announced in due course on the communication channels of this contest (social networks, website, press releases, etc.).
• Deadline for registration: October 15, 2024.
The following conditions must be met for short films to participate:
• Works produced between 2015 and 2024 are accepted.
• Short films must be subtitled in English. If the original version is in English, it must be submitted with Spanish subtitles.
• The short film must have a maximum duration of 30 minutes, including opening and closing credits.
• Each contestant can submit a maximum of 2 short films. The theme will be Resilient Amazon. Fiction, animation, documentaries, or narrative interviews can be submitted.
• Short films can be recorded with any type of device and their presentation format must be horizontal in MP4 format (with a minimum resolution of 1080 (HD) for their partial or total reproduction and/or projection. In the case of a video produced in square or vertical format, the file must be inserted in the horizontal high definition format with maximum resolution, as described above, adding black bars on the left and right sides.
• Each work must be submitted by a person, organization or company that owns the full rights to it or that legally represents it. These total rights include, patrimonial rights of the work, musical licenses on the soundtrack and authorization of use of the image of the actors/participants and/or signed authorization of parents/guardians in the event that minors appear in the short film. In the event of any claim, the work will be disqualified from the contest and the organizers of AMAZINE will be exempt from any liability.
• The registration period is open and ends on October 15, 2024 at 6:00 p.m. in France. This period may be extended if the organization deems it necessary.
• For the pre-selection process, the contestants must upload the short film to an online viewing platform such as YouTube or Vimeo, and send along with the registration form the link with their respective password - valid until the jury deliberations - in case of that is set to private.
• If you wish to apply for more than one work, it is necessary to fill out an application for each short film submitted.
• The Watunna Venezuela Association, organization of this contest, understands that whoever registers as a participant has full rights over the work to be able to register it and accept the bases established in this call.
• The organizers reserve the right to not admit pieces that, in their opinion, do not meet the artistic, technical and/or legal conditions required or harm the good image and reputation of the Watunna Venezuela Association.
• Applications made outside the dates established herein, nor incomplete applications, will not be taken into account. Before submitting your work application, verify that you have included all the information and links correctly.
4. CONTEST DEVELOPMENT:
• All works received that comply with the rules of this call and meet the minimum requirements for quality and technical conditions will go to the competition phase.
• The decisions of the Jury, including the final ruling, will be adopted by a simple majority.
• The AMAZINE jury will view all the short films admitted to the competition and will issue its decision, awarding the established prizes.
• Once the contest has been resolved, the organization will ask the winners to verify all the data provided when registering for the contest, with the prizes becoming effective after verification of said data.
• The jury's decision and the Public Prize will be published on the Contest Website and its social networks.
5. AWARDED WORKS:
For the purposes of its public communication and projection, the person, organization or company that owns the rights to the work must send, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to the address of the Contest headquarters: Association Watunna Venezuela: 35 rue de Padirac A2034070 Montpellier (France) the following:
• Definitive link of the work in MP4 with the possibility of downloading in high quality.
• Official poster of the nominated piece, 3 photographs of the film and photograph of the director (a) of the work for use for promotional purposes of the contest.
• Teaser or Trailer of the nominated work in MP4 for use for promotional purposes of the contest through social networks, TV, streaming, indoor or outdoor projections, etc.
6. GENERAL ISSUES:
• In no case will short films that do not respect human rights or democratic values, or that have offensive or disrespectful content towards individuals or groups, be accepted for competition.
• The short films may be reproduced and disseminated on any platform that the Watunna Venezuela Association considers relevant, only for advertising purposes of the contest and without any profit motive.
• The winning short film may be exhibited on the Watunna Venezuela Association website.
• The Watunna Venezuela association trusts in the legality and authorship of the participants and their works and at no time is responsible for any identity theft, copy or total or partial modification of any other pre-existing or own work or works that do not know the right of their authors and/or record companies (script, music licenses, etc.). If there is any claim from third parties, the work will be disqualified from the contest and the organizers will be exempt from any liability.
• Participants will declare that they accept the processing of personal data necessary for the management of the contest.
• The authors of the works transfer to the Watunna Venenezuela Association the non-commercial, non-exclusive rights to carry out particular screenings (educational, conferences, etc.), consisting of the reproduction and exhibition of the short film within the general framework of this contest, and even for future editions, in any of their editions, as well as for advertising or promotion purposes, which will always be exercised with the recognition of their status as author, unless otherwise stated.
• Any unforeseen eventuality arising in relation to the development of the AMAZINE international short film competition that has not been expressly contemplated in these rules, will be resolved in accordance with the criteria of the organization.
• Participation in this Contest implies full acceptance of its rules.
7. DATA PROTECTION:
• In accordance with the new European Data Protection Regulation (RGPD 2016/679 of the European Parliament), and Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, on the Protection of Personal Data and guarantee of digital rights, data personal data of the participants in AMAZINE, the International Short Film Contest, will become part of the database of the Watunna Venezuela Association and will not be used for any other purpose than the management and promotion of said contest, nor will they be transferred to third parties without your prior consent. Likewise, you can exercise your rights of access, rectification, opposition and cancellation of data at any time by contacting us: email@example.com
8. TRANSFER OF RIGHTS, AUTHORSHIP AND RESPONSIBILITY:
• The registered Participant is solely responsible for the short film and everything it includes (images and sounds from other authors). If any claim occurs, the participant must resolve any legal issue complained of.
• The Watunna Venezuela association declines all legal responsibility for the shorts and their content.